SCARA offers amateur radio license exams in conjunction with the ARRL VEC at each of its club meetings, held the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM. Walk-ins are welcome.
Candidates should bring the following items to the testing session:
- Legal photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
- If no photo ID, at least two of the following forms of identification:
- Original birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Library card
- Students may use a student ID or a parent/guardian may show his/her ID.
- Two #2 pencils for the test
- Basic calculator (all memories must be cleared and verified before the start of the test)
- Current amateur radio license, if applicable
- Photocopy of amateur radio license, if applicable
- Original CSCEs to be used for element credit, if applicable
- Photocopy of CSCEs to be used for element credit, if applicable
- FCC Registration Number, if applicable
- $15 exam fee (checks should be made out to ARRL / VEC)
For more information or questions, please contact Bill Esquilla KC5PWS.
Sumner County Emergency Services Center
255 Airport Road
Gallatin, TN 37066